Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Of Flour Sacks and Character Designs


The past three weeks of my life have been consumed by this fat, adorable little flour sack, who comes in my dreams because I have been looking at him for so long. We had to work on two exercises, a simple flour sack jump and a slightly more complicated story which was to be about 15 seconds long. Presenting "Mr. Flour Sack on Valentine's Day":




We recently completed this project for 3D design, modeling a clay sculpture from a live model. 


Now comes the awesomely fun part of 3D. For the next two months we're going to be working on an original character design: designing the character, costume, staging, set design, the works. I am BEYOND excited for this.
This is the character I came up with (which needs so much more development):







The pig itself was inspired by the song 'Pigs (Three Different Ones)' by Pink Floyd, from their album Animals. Goosebumps every time I listen to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment